C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 14:29:06 -0400
Hi Ken,

> in reincarnation, what would be the chances of having cp again if you came
> back as a human? i am certainly not well versed in the belief.

        Reincarnation and rebirth have several different lines of thought
depending on which tradition you follow - Hindu's come back as anything,  I
beleive. Another line of thinking is we chose the life, before we are born
and we know what's going to happen once in our bodies we forget tho. In face
of eternity our lives a brief flares much like a match. With eternal life
each such earthly visitation is like a "vacation" or going to work each day.
I don't regret anything that has happened and would it all over again -
because to change anything might change having Amber. You may well have
chosen this life and the CP - We are here to do something, more than likely
many somethings. I had a near death experience 30 years ago, and began the
journey to the "Light". I was not allowed to stay, I must have had something
to do here - I am patiently waiting to go back again. NDE'r seem to be the
only people who don't fear death - I guess because we know at least a
portion of what's to come.There are some who say the "Light" is being reborn
into the next body" - I guess the light must be a shock to babies after the
dark warmth of Mommy tummy. Either way I was in  the presence of a being
 no gender) who had  unconditional love for me. It was 25 years before I
would find others with similiar experiences and its amazing we feel the
same. I also know that in those really dark in life - I reach back for that
moment to keep me going. The criteria that makes a belief sytem a belief
system is having a creation story, a code of life (rules for behavior) and
an afterlife place. No matter which one you follow the unvarnished truth its
all conjecture. And has been since the dawn of thinking people. As I have
faith in something I reached out and touched - you have faith in words in a
book.
                                Brightest Blessings
                                      Trisha