BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 06:44:01 -0500
At 3:50 PM 01/07/2000, Ken Follett wrote:
>In a message dated 1/7/00 3:33:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>>   Ivy on the other hand...
>
>Is this a refernce to ivy growing on the palms of developers?

Okay, okay, I admit it I was the one who started the "Ivy Haters" thingy.
I only asked because I saw the little story below on another list I'm on
and thought of the "Ivy Haters" and didn't want to send it to the wrong
list.

and one of my favorites........As we were driving through my home town when
visiting she would occasionally yell out that she saw "a flat tree smacked
to the wall" and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what she was
talking about.  Finally after about the third or fourth time we circled the
block so she could show me - it was ivy growing up the side of an old
building!

Now, can I select my own nickname or is it to be given by the group?  Ruth

Ruth (HOUGHTON) BARTON
Westminster,Vermont, USA