BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 06:43:28 -0500
Hi All,  I have never seen a glass floor and can't fathom what one would be
like.  I can see how some would be reluctant to walk on one, especially
wearing a skirt.  I went to NYC once, it was during the "garbage strike."
I remember driving around saying "look at all the garbage."  Most likely
they had that much garbage anyway but to us it looked like a HUGE amount.
There were piles of garbage that would take the whole of Windham Co. a
month to make, outside just one building!!!!  We went to eat at this
Italian place that must think one person is a whole family the way they
piled on the food.  After that we went out into the street and looked up,
boy are city people weird--pretty soon whole bunches of people were looking
up to see what we were looking at.  Lucky it was at night or them filthy,
nasty, boyds would have got us good.

BTW: Not sure I belong on this list, I love Ivy and Pigeons.

PS:  Are there any glass floors in VT or NH?  I don't do NYC or Boston.
Thanks,  Ruth

At 1:08 AM 01/05/2000, Hilary L. Hopper wrote:
>I think that a lot of the old early public Carnegie type libraries have em.
>And hey Ken ol bud, doesn't the old Cornell library have them?
>HLH

Ruth (HOUGHTON) BARTON
Westminster,Vermont, USA