BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:32:02 EST
In a message dated 1/4/00 4:14:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> I will have created the world's
>  nicest, cleanest, tightly-gridded toilet for the pigeons to s(h)it on and
>  through, where they might be unable to s(h)it comfortably on 2" mesh and
>  therefore take their business elsewhere; or what the hell I should do?

HC,

I think the place to start w/ birds is animal behaviour as it relates to
their environment and then to work back from there to the means of deterent.
As a kid I wanted to be an animal behaviourist, that is, before getting to be
a mud jockey.

I like these folks 1) because they take a behavioural approach to providing
solutions and 2) they are not the installers, suppliers only, and 3) they
deal w/ all sorts of bird problems (not just flying rats), 4) they will even
go so far as to deal w/ monkees & tigers and if it gets real bad 5) they can
arrange for a shooter at selected geographic locations:

http://www.birdbarrier.com/
Mr. Cameron Riddell
Bird Barrier America, Inc.
20925  Chico Street
Carson, CA   90746
310-527-8000    Office
[log in to unmask]    E-Mail
310-527-8005    Fax
800-503-5444    Toll free

They have a distribution alliance w/ ProSoCo.
As to SS mesh, I would go w/ the synthetic nettings that are available. The
SS I suspect you may build yourself too much of a not-so-permanent
non-solution at high cost.

][<en