BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 10:05:15 EST
In a message dated 1/1/2000 2:18:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Then again, maybe Sears or Aladdin was selling such windows in their kit
>  houses...... What say ye, merry gentlepersons?  Anybody got any of their
>  house catalogues

I made a cursory check of the 1910 (?) Sears catalogue I have in my library
last week, but didn't find any "glacier glass" and I don't recall any
specific "QA" models of doors or windows -- but couldn't spend much time
looking. The versions of glass I anticipated might be called "glacier" --
frosted, crackled, crazed, or otherwise decoratively obscured -- had no
mention of the G word. (Maybe it is not obscuring glass and I was barking up
the wrong tree entirely.) Mostly they had rather "Sears-esque" model names
and numbers. Checked Nicholson, no luck, but didn't check the 3 volume arch
dictionary (can't remember author's name at the moment) from around that
time. I'll give it a try on Monday.

-- Mary (crackled maybe, but not crazed... yet)