BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:57:19 -0500
Courbet... one of my favorites.  His preferred subjects were the working man
and the peasant... and many nudes.  His subjects were either poor or
unclothed and both. (Although some of his landscapes from the mid-19th
century are frankly realistic in a way that far preceded modern stark
efforts.)  I will have to double check but if memory doesn't fail me, I
believe the painting you have is known as the "stone breakers" and was
destroyed in WWII.
Best,
Leland