RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:18:22 -0500
Jean-Claude,

>i have a sense that amount of sugar per se doesn't matter, what will be
>important ( and this deducted from the experience of eating instinctively)
>is the relationship with the mineral content of the fruit . a wildfruit will
>be way richer in minerals ( tilling the ground , fertilising , monoculture
>etc...create minerals unbalances  ).

What about cultivated fruits that are grown in high quality, highly
mineralized soil?

>also the relationship with the fiber content .
>even if physiologically it could be compensated by eating more mineral rich
>foods ( like wild greens ) the problem of necessiting higher quantity
>intake of the depleted fruits to get satiated will means too much sugar
>intake .

That doesn't seem to be the case for me. All indications are that my body is
well-mineralized. As just one example of this, my fingernails are harder and
stronger now than ever.

As for "too much sugar intake", well, past experience for me was that I was
ingesting too much fat and starch, whereas now, I feel like I'm ingesting
the "just right" amount of fruit sugars. Not too much, not too little. The
whole matter of "too much sugar" seems to be a matter of opinion, and
possibly differing experiences among people, due to various reasons.

Also, a lot of this issue comes down to calories: If one were to eat the
supposed higher fiber wild fruits, one would just have to eat more of them
by volume (in comparison to lower fiber fruits) to get enough calories. Wild
fruits might be more balanced overall, but again, my experience is that
cultivated fruits can be balanced out with other appropriate foods, and a
high level of nutritional balance can be attained and maintained.

Wes