RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 05:37:38 -0600
From:
Alan Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
* [log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask]) [991005 11:45]:
* Subject: Re: Loetschental Valley:

> [ ... ]
> As I mentioned recently, during and after your recent personal attacks, I
> heard from many people directly, several of whom said they have also been
>raw vegan for a while, and have also reduced their daily caloric intake to
> "impossibly low levels."  These people did not write through the network
> because they were not willing to be targets of personal attacks by you and
> others.
> [ ... ]

I found a reference in a book on longevity by Hitchcox
where the average coloric intake of the Hunzas, the
Russian Georgians, and the Vilcabamba indians was given.
All were considerably lower than the American average,
but the lowest was the Vilcabambas at 1200 cal/day.
This is a average, and not much higher than Loren's.

--alan