RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:41:47 -0800
tom wrote
>It is my view that the above phenomenon - what to do for people who don't
>thrive on a vegan/vegetarian diet - is the greatest issue that the veg
>movement is NOT facing. Obviously, if vegan does not work, one can try
>dairy and/or eggs. But some object to eggs, and lactose intolerance is
>a major problem with dairy. Should these folks eat insects? Fish?
>Should they place veggie dogma ahead of their own health?

good question, just want to add: Could it be the reliance of vegans ( and
others) on domesticated plants that make the sustaining on a" plants only
diets" dificult. May be we stopped  eating and reproducing wild species of
fruits, when we switched to cooked foods, and they got extincts (it is not
rare to have a species relying only in one other spcies to reproduce)> when
i was eating a cooked grain base diet ,i had no desire to eat fruit or only
unripe ones.
Could the issue be of a diferent order than" meat or not meat "> could it be
that i benefit from eating animals because themselves rely on wilds plants.?
(every time i include , domestic plants fed animals , in my diet , i am
getting agitated nights  and other not so pleasant experiences. )

>The above question cuts to the core of the veggie movement, as it places
>human welfare in direct conflict with the "compassion" some veggies
>talk about. Perhaps that is why the question is ignored, or rationalized
>away by so many raw/veg "diet gurus"?

you are inspired today , TOM. We want the best for us and others and there
are no incompatibilities between the two. Lets valitidate each other
experience in the raw food practice. The fact that some peoples want to eat
vegan doesn't threatn my decision to eat animal product. And i understand
compassion as the ability to let other experiences be.
It might be unloving (because impossible) to protect others from their
experience  whether it is death (for plants and animals becoming food) or
sacrificing ones body (for the "welfare" of those same plants and animals).
Jean-Claude