RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 23:02:19 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Sandy Rzetelny <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, March 01, 1999 7:56 AM
Subject: Re: longevity?

>A while back, I got a catalogue of health supplies and books, which
mentioned
>a Bernard Jensen book(I could be wrong about this), interviewing long lived
>individuals one of whom was a man named Charlie something. He was about 130
>years old, but apparantly there were no verifiable records of his birth
date.

>Bernard asked him what he's been eating for the last 30 years. Charlie
>responded that he basically ate sardines and crackers for the last 30
years.

>Anybody know any more about this/ and or how accurate?

hello >Sandy
I don't know about this story but i just recently read in "sexual healing"
from paul Pearsall (excellent book) ,the report of Ohio university study.
they fed high-fat diet (certainly the denatured one IMO) to cause
artherosclerosis in rabbit, but discovered that only half of the rabbits
developped that condition the others were free of damage.They got puzzled by
this fact and found out that it  was only the rabbits in the lower cage who
were fines. In fact the personne in charge was stroking and conforting the
rabbits in her reach while feeding them the others in the higher cages
didn't get that love.
they repeated 3 times the study and found the same result.
I used myself food as a replacement for close contact with human being.,
because it was the only kind of relationship that was bringing forth the
experience of love.I made myself deprived of a basic need and made me sick .
I will be curious of the kind of life charlie was living , Did he had close
connections with other humans being, or animals or even plants.?
The book that i was refering earlier to ,have very good insight on the
relationship between the immune system and intimacy .
Eating is the expression of intimacy with part of the environment that we
are integrating  in our body . It's why  food is so important but not the
only source of feeling connected to the world.
In fact most of us choose food as a means to disconnect, as others choose
sex for the same reinforcement of loneliness ( paradoxal when  the intent is
to desesperately attempt to connect)
Just some thoughts, thank you
Have a long life
Jean-claude