RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 23:08:42 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, February 25, 1999 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: Raw Nuts & Seeds - recommended daily/weekly intake

.

>It is not animal husbandry that destroys the environment, but many of the
>ways that animal husbandry is practiced, and
>In fact, animals are needed for the continued fertility of the soil, which
>is one of the reasons why monocultures of cereals, etc cause loss of soil
>fertility.
>

>for now, but the world population of people is exploding, and unless the
>population growth is stopped, there is no natural way of growing food that
>will prevent massive starvation some time in the future.  If the world's
>deserts could be regenerated for farming ( and this is a conundrum is it
>not, since farming has produced  or helped to produce many of the deserts)
>then the starvation would be postponed.
>Proper farm  management is the first need in order to prevent further loss
>of fertility in existing farms, otherwise the quality and eventually
>quantity of food produced will decrease.
>And industrial waste disposed into the sea will eventually make seafood too
>poisonous.
>
>Perhaps this is the safeguard against over-population: self-destruction
>through stupid pratices!

"THe naturel way of farming"  writen and experienced by Masanobu Fukuoka
give,thru  the idea of "biodiversity", a solution for hunger, regeneration
of deserts, proper nutrition, building up the top soil( globaly not thru
impoverishment of the neigbour's) and more.
I met MAsanobu in India and saw some of his followers's land. The richness
of those oasis of life contrasted so much with the desertified farmed land
of their neighbour, that i know how near HEaling is, and how it is hard for
a wonded human to SEE it
And ho surprise, his followers are going into raw food too as the naturel
outcome of his philosophie :" we can't do better than nature".
And those people can make a huge diference in their and others lifes,
without a big deal of means and in my opinion, BECAUSE  they are at the
basic survival level.
THey can't afford to scientificalise( is it a word) they just practice this
simple IDEA
LIke one of them told me : we didn't read the book before many years, we
were too busy practicing it. THey just heard that it was possible and it was
enough for them
They had to go without water for 6 years, having to carry it on a 3 km very
steep trail, their faith in the process got unshakable and the water finally
came back and they have now water lilies growing( they just protected their
watershade from grazing animals)
When i see people getting stucked in the result before perseverance, i
remind myself of their determination.
IF we want a more abondant and fulfilling environement, let's start now
where we are.
THat is it , it is enough for today i am going to plant few more trees.
Thank you
Jean-claude