RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 08:36:54 -0400
>I don't want to engage into lengthy discussions or to respond point by
point
>on that subject, but knowing that
>1) Cancer exists (to a small extent), even in wild animals living
according
>to laws of nature,

I have no knowledge of whether this is true or false, or if it is true,
what the reason is.

>2) Cancer is deadly even in the absence of treatments,

this is not true, as many are healed by doing nothing.  but it is a rather
vague statement, and I'm not sure what the point is.

>3) Medical treatments are (somewhat) effective, in that they reduce
>mortality, although they have deleterious side-effects,

This does not sound correct to me.  There is no way to know
whether a treatment is efficacious or not, or whether treatments in
general due more harm than good or not.

And the winner is, Don, in this latest pissing contest installment.
congratulations Don.

Gary

Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU> on
07/08/2001 07:52:28 PM

Please respond to Raw Food Diet Support List

Sent by:  Raw Food Diet Support List <[log in to unmask]>

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:
Subject:  cancer: summary

I don't want to engage into lengthy discussions or to respond point by
point
on that subject, but knowing that

1) Cancer exists (to a small extent), even in wild animals living according
to laws of nature,

2) Cancer is deadly even in the absence of treatments,

3) Medical treatments are (somewhat) effective, in that they reduce
mortality, although they have deleterious side-effects,

4) It is much more difficult to cure than to prevent. Diet and lifestyle
are
quite effective in the area of prevention, but their effectiveness as a
cure
is often claimed, but never proven and probably quite limited,

my personal attitude to prevent cancer is:

 - lead a healthy lifestyle (healthy diet, exercise, good sleep, moderate
sunshine, reduce stress, healthy mental attitude, friendship, love, etc.)
 - have a coloscopy once a decade after 40 years old (and a mammography if
were a woman).

If I had cancer (or another serious disease): to beat a strong enemy, one
needs as many weapons as possible, so I would
 - try even harder to improve my lifestyle
 - choose with my doctor's consent a treatment which is know to be
effective
but not too poisonous
 - try alternative treatments (herbs...), practice more Qigong...
 - hope that the disease eventually disappears, so that treatments become
unnecessary. Then, toxins left by drugs will be gradually removed, with the
help of the healthy lifestyle and diet and the body's own detoxification
capacity.

Now, if a friend or a relative has cancer, and is not receptive to
alternative diets and treatments, I would NEVER tell him/her that drugs are
useless or harmful since drugs are his/her ONLY hope to survive. The first
and most important thing is that he/she believes he/she can survive and is
willing to do anything to keep on living. THEN, perhaps other solutions can
be discussed if he/she is receptive.