From:
Sami Garzon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:01:13 +0200
Well, now I'm scared. I downloaded the DIAG program sugested by Bob.
Excellent program,if you ask me. I don't understand almos anything of the
things that I see there, but as a programmer I can say when a program is
hard to do or an easy one.

The matter is, that I've checked the BIOS; and the results were: AMI BIOS,
flashable, Unknown version, PnP v1.0, and the bad thing: date=7/15/95!

From one ofthe post, I know that the AMI BIOS suppots big disk only from
1998. I'm going to the 10.2Gg HD, so a desperate question: Is there
something I can do? Can I "update" the BIOS? If I partition the drive, in
order to put 2 OSs, is there a chance to cheat the BIOS? Here are more
information about my system. A lot, taken from DIAG:

CPU => Intel 166Mhz MMX
BIOS => AMI, dated 7/15/95, PnP v1.0, flashable
MoBo => Model F, SubModel 01, Revision 00. Mfr'd by Hsing tech Enterprise,
chipset UT801X
HD Controller => NEC 765

Whatever, I'll buy the 10.2Gg HD, I guess I can work with 8Gg by now. This
way, when I Update the Mobo/BIOS/Processor, I'll already have a 10.2Gg. Is
that right? Can I use NOW the HD as 8Gg and someday RETURNING him to 10.2Gg?

Any answer is really welcome, thanks to all of you.

    Sami Garzon :)

ps> please read my post abou partitions too, that will be a double help :)