From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:38:03 -0700
Regarding:

> >When I boot up, it goes through the normal routine and gets to my desktop
> >wallpaper, with the lower left toolbar showing and then goes to a
complete
> >blue screen for about 8 seconds, with an arrow & hourglass and then
paints
> >down to my normal desktop display with both lower left and right
toolbars.
> >I don't seem to remember it doing this before, but I do not always watch
the
> >boot up.  Everything seems to work O.K.  Should I be concerned?

The blue screen "of death" has text and error codes on it.

What you are probably seeing is the wallpaper "under" your selected
wallpaper.   It's a "view desktop as web page" thing that IE 4 and Windows98
started doing.   Try changing your view options to Classic or Custom and see
if this changes your blue screen.

For example, I get a flash of my old, Windows95 wallpaper before the IE 5
wallpaper comes up.

hope this helps,

gary r. tennesen

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: