From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:11:06 -0500
>Red meats other than liver, e.g., muscle meats, are *poor*
>sources of b-6 and folate

Having discussed this issue in detail with Loren Cordain, I want to agree
with Todd. The almost complete absence of organ meats (e.g., brains, kidney,
liver, marrow, spleen, gonads, retroorbital fat, tongue, pancreas) from
modern would-be paleo diets represents a potential health risk. Unless one
makes a concentrated effort to make up for this lack by making smart food
choices from paleo plant-food groups, one faces significant risk for
developing vitamin (especially certain members of the vitamin B complex).
Dr. Cordain will be publishing several articles in the near future that will
discuss issues relating to problems with modern efforts to simulate stone
age diets.

I have noticed an improvement in my skin and hair since I recently began
lowering my intake of fatty red meat and supplementing my diet with a dried
liver product (I hate eating liver, but the dried stuff goes down fairly
easily mixed with tomato juice).

Right on, Todd.

Troy Gilchrist