BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - \"BullaPinmankaheaders\"" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
David west <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:18:22 +0000
Don't worry, this member who is not contributing to the decimation of forests by restricting his writing to the electronic medium will not be joining the militant MET HISTORY in sitting down and striking.  Apart from his keyboard, that is, which will continue to be struck in defence of the right to speak.  Frequently and often, usually simultaneously.

In answer to his question, we'd be somewhere else, because we couldn't keep quiet unless we wanted to, and if we wanted to we wouldn't be here, would we?!  Unless we're a lurker, and then we'd be here because we like lurking around the periphery of activity, because we believe that a little bit of light in our lives is enough without contributing to the light pollution which stops us from seeing the stars in the sky unless we go way out into the back country where there is nobody and therefore no lights.

Not sure what this all means - maybe next time I'll find something else to act as my avoidance activity rather than trying to be the self-appointed BP statistician (better than being the VP in charge of ivy-growing experiments, I guess).

Cheers

david

[log in to unmask] writes:

> Was that directed at us lurkers?  I'm not sure how to take it...
>  ~ A Chronic Lurker
>  (who luvs her daily dose of BP wit and factoids, but doesn't have the
gumption to       chime in...)

Hey, Barb, don't you think Ken, Ralph, David and the rest of us are a little
tired of pulling around dead-weight lurkers?  How about a little
consideration - or do you just love hanging your co-sister Mary out to dry?
Just where would you be if the top-ten posters just boycotted B-P? [Larry:
don't answer that.] Here's your assignment: tell us one of three  a) the best
thing you ever saw on the way to work  or  b) the stupidest thing you've ever
done with a window  or c) what you guess is the controlling force governing
how high ivy can grow on a building.

Sign me,  Sit Down Strike