From:
"Kurr, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:22:21 -0500
Rick, you never mentioned what your failures were here.  Typically, load
AMDK6UP patch first, so reboots don't lock you out.  Reboot between each and
every patch for best results.  Flash BIOS first if required.  Now load
chipset registry if required.  Then load USB supplement for Win95b.  IDE
Busmaster not required for post-Win95a OS (may cause problems).  Load Direct
X 6.1a, video drivers, then AGP patch.   Make sure BIOS is set for PCI video
and reserve a video IRQ only if the card needs one.  Yes, Win98 solves most
of your pains.  Also helps to set up system with ONLY video card installed,
get Win loaded and tested, then add other cards one-by-one.
Martin Kurr
email [log in to unmask]
> From:         Rick Glazier[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
> Subject:      [PCBUILD] New MB and Win95b