Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 01:22:44 +1000
Mike Ewing wrote:

> I would like to know what this group thinks about the quality of
> Gigabyte motherboards (especially the GA 5-AX model).

In my experience, Gigabyte mobo quality should be rated "good".

> Would also like your opinion on what you think the best motherboard
> manufacture is?

Depending on what you need, Abit is best for overclock, ASUS is good for
server/workstation, ... There is no manufacture is "best" for all. Keep
an eye on AMD K7 mobo, there are only a few now, but you will see more.

> I am having trouble with Seagate Medalist 2132 st32132A hard drives
> going bad.  Is anyone else experiencing trouble with these drives.  I
> have replaced a least 5 in the last 9 months.  These hard drives
> where only about 2 years old.

Sometimes, the problem is not harddisk manufacture, but is some transport
reason. I once returned two whole boxes (20 each) of harddisks to our
supplier, because none of them worked out from boxes, they must be
damaged during transporting.

Jun Qian