From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 23:25:05 -0800
I have a Micron computer sitting here with a BusLogic (now Mylex) FlashPoint LT
PCI to SCSI adapter (Bios ver. 1.20k).  This computer booted to Win95 just fine
when it left the client's office. I turned it on here, and it no longer boots.
 I cannot find the symptoms in the user manual or on the Mylex web site.

First message: Entering SCSI Bus Reset Protocol. Second message: Entering
Device Spinup Protocol.  Next:  Scanning Bus...Card: 0, Slot: 17, Bus:000,
Port: FC00h.

Then, it finds and lists all four devices:  SCSI 0: Seagate ST51080N, SCSI 1:
Seagate ST32155N (the two hard drives, and yes, the bootable drive is at 0);
SCSI 4, SyQuest SyJet-S, SCSI 6, Plextor CD-ROM PX-6XCS.

Finally, just *above* the listing of all four devices is the message:

"Waiting, User Pause Requested..."

Huh.  My client assured me it has never done that before.  Various keystrokes
have NO effect (ESC, Enter, etc.)  The manual says "CTRL-B" goes into AutoSCSI,
but it doesn't.  It just sits.

Help?

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego