From:
Sol Lederman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 21:34:33 -0800
Michael (and others),

> It's called Eat well get well stay well, by Dr.
> Carlton Fredericks. A real
> eye opener. Some one let me know if and where you
> find it.

I find all my out of print books on the internet via
http://bookfinder.com

In this case bookfinder.com told me that usedbooks.com
(among a few other places) had a copy. I ordered the
copy from usedbooks.com. So, if you do the web search
at bookfinder.com and they list the book as existing
at usedbooks.com and you go directly to usedbooks.com
and search there you'll notice the book is gone!
(usedbooks updated their db but apparently bookfinder
doesn't update instantaneously.) So, I recommend
searching directly the site(s) that bookfinder.com
points you to rather than ordering it through
bookfinder.com.

One caveat about ordering used books on the internet:
What the search says a bookstore has might not be on
their shelf anymore if a customer walked into the
store and bought the book before the bookstore updated
their inventory, or if someone ordered it before you
did, like I did.

Also, another useful web site is
http://biddersedge.com which searches a large pile of
auction sites (including eBay, Amazon, and yahoo) for
things. If you search for Carlton Fredericks here
you'll see several books by him, at (currently) pretty
low prices (but not the one you're looking for right
now). You can register to have the web-site search for
things for you every day and send you email when it
finds a match. I practice Aikido (non-paleo, I
imagine) and I get mail every few days from
biddersedge pointing me to Aikido-related auction
items.

Those are my "secrets" for finding out of print
"stuff" and now YOU know!

Sol

=== message truncated ===

http://messenger.yahoo.com