From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 13:08:39 +0200

Ilya wrote:
>To quote an ex-president: here you go again.  RDA protein

requirements
>are not really adequate (just as vitamin C RDA is ridiculous). And
>after adaptation to a low carb diet you only need about 40gm glucose
>per day. Since even on a very restricted low carb diet you'll

typically
>get at least 20gms of carbs, and a few more will come from fat,

you'll
>need less than 20gms of glucose from protein. Hardly 'an

over-supply',
>considering that more than half of protein gets converted to glucose
>even if you are eating just adequate protein.

Over-suply i  ment in terms of protein to be used for
amino-acids for the sake of building up new body-own proteins.
I understand your extreme lowcarb attempt.
It requires you to have fat.
If you don't ( as i understand "meat only") then heavy
protein-consumption for energetic use is necessary.
Meat isn't the same as fat, is it?
2500kcal needs 250 g of fat every day.
This will sound pretty much to many ;-)

I wrote:
>> However what i experience day to day,  appears to me mostly like a
>> really ravenous appetite on *energy*
>> (most often on every type of sweets).
>> Seems as would these sweets not really satisfy the hunger
>> but rather be deposited as fat.... meanwhile still on low body
>> temperature and low energy level.
Ilya:
>It feels to you this way because you are NOT on a low carb diet. Get

on
>it and you'll see the difference. (and I don't mean for a few days,
>you have to do it at least for a month to see what it'll be like in

the
>long term).
No, Ilya im not LC. I reread my sentences, and found them
misunderstandable. I get about half of my calories from fats.
50-100 g of mostly olive+flax oil and some hidden fats per day.
What i "experience" is that i quite often see *other*
persons craving for sweets (in front of the cakes and so).
These are the same with are often feeling cold or tired....
I personally am very much free of desire for sweets.
Especially i can't understand  how someone could ever
eat something sweet besinde a normal "real" meal (disturbs

digestion).
From time to time I eat chocklate of halva (sesame+honey only)
in the afternoon.

>I am arguing that thiamin is NOT the answer to obesity. Its lack may

be
>a contributor, but if it was indeed thiamin, it would have been very

eay to
>check, and would have been shown to be so by now. I was not treating
>this line of argument as either pro or against paleo, low carb, high
>carb or anything else. Just didn't agree with your thiamin ideas as
>a major explanation of obesity.
I think its a explanation how to get into obesity.
After thiamin shortage is so common in western countries
it may be an explanation which may often contribute to or cause it.
Exactely western countries are full of obese people.
These are just some thoughts trying to catch up
and finding explanations and better views.
I don't think it's possible to find and rely on
any easy patent remedies.

regards
Amadeus