From:
"Dr. Mom" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:50:56 -0400
::
::Also, I can't find a totally grass fed organic meat source that is local
and
::affordable.
        We are so lucky to have Wegman's.  I just love them.  They started in the
Buffalo NY area and have just started into PA.  I just got grass-fed 80%
hamburger for 1.99/lb, some organic pot roasts and steaks.  And he told me
that they are going to be getting organic chicken and pork in in a few
weeks!  Yes, yes!!!  Now all we need is turkey.  They do have precooked
organic turkey breasts in the deli.  We had those browned in butter last
night with lettuce and spinach for vegetables.  I have to tell you though,
if it were not for the cookies for dessert, we would still have more than
half a head of lettuce left.  I told them when the good food is all gone,
you can have the cookies.

::And...another 15% of local apple farmers are going out of business this
year
::because they can't compete with the cheap Chinese apple market.

        REALLY??  I had no idea we were importing apples.  That seems so
UnAmerican!

::Does anyone know if the pesticides on apples/pears can be removed by
::scrubbing them with soap & water??  I hate to throw away the peels.

        Anything you do to reduce the pesticides helps.  Some places say their
soap takes it off.  I heard that even peeling doesn't take it all.