From:
Michael Anthony <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 09:15:29 -0400
I think the difference is in the amount of sugar eaten by the French. In
an article in a food magazine about 15 years ago there was a comparison
of the difference between French and American diets with emphasis on the
wine. The just of the article was that the French drink more wine
therefore the don't get as many heart attacks. The article didn't even
mention what their own data showed. The the French eat 5 pounds of sugar
per capita per year and Americans eat 37 lb.. I think the number of lb.
has increased greatly for Americans in the last 15 years. Anyone know
how many pounds Americans eat today?

Michael