From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:23:54 -0400
On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, matesz wrote:

> It's about adaptation, increasingly nudging your body to rely more and more
> and fat and less and less on carbs.  It can be done.  I've read studies
> about runners who better on a higher fat diet.

This is true.  On the lowcarb list, studies have been cited that
show improved performance after 3 or 4 weeks of adaptation to fat
as fuel.

When it comes to high-intensity anaerobic exercise, however, no
such adaptation is possible.  The fast-twitch muscle fibers use
glucose and nothing else.  How relevant this is to the demands of
triathlete competition is unknown to me, however.

Todd Moody