From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:39:00 -0600
Mary wrote:

> ps My dad's going in to get his knees chopped up on Thursday. I had the same
> arthritis he has till I got on paleo......if anyone thinks he should not do
> this please email me, I have tried to persuade him not to as it seems very
> invasive but who ever   listens to a paleo nutcake???

There's not a lot you can do if he wants to have the surgery, and does not
want to make major changes in his diet.  Some people do pretty well on the
joint replacements, though the knee replacements wear out in 8-10 years on
the average.  If he's already in his 70s, it'll probably last.  If he's in his 50's,

he's probably going to need one or two more replacements.  The surgery is
hard and the recovery painful; one person I met who had both knees done
was very happy with them a year later, but said if he had had only one done, he
never would have had the nerve to go through the ordeal with the other one.

Good luck....
Lynnet