Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 05:51:22 -0500
         >I had a heart attack in May of this year. My doctors want me
         to take cholesterol lowering drugs even tho studies have shown
         people w/Post Polio Syndrome [like myself] can suffer permanent
         muscle loss and very intense fatigue from taking the meds!

         Marsha in Texas

Guess what?  People who take cholesterol lowing med have higher rates of
accidents, suicide, homicide, and violent death. Maybe not such a good trade
off, eh?  The figures we have show NO increased mortality from taking the
drugs and lowering cholesterol.  What's the payoff?  Well it's money in
pocket for drug manufacturers, but not a better, healthier, longer life for
the recipients.  The side effects cancel out the so called "desirable"
effects.  Is there a point here?

Food for thought,
Rachel

P.S.  (E-mail me if you want the refs.)