From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 22:46:45 -0700
> One could just as easily say that owning many pairs
> of shoes (more than
> four?  more than six?) causes colon cancer, since it
> just so  happens that
> Americand typically own more shoes per capita than
> those folks in
> non-industrialized nations who have lower rates of
> colon cancer.

Very good Rachel. I recall once on Dr. Dean Edell's
(the radio doc) show he once stated that most ailments
are probably caused by eating cooked carrots, since
cooked carrots are the most commonly eaten veggie in
the USA. He was, of course, making a joke regarding
yet another flawed study that confused cause and effect.