BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "BullaPinmankaheaders"
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:52:04 EST
In order to maintain a reasonable amount of space usage on the St. John's
server for the BP archive we have maintained a Daily Threshold of 50 messages
for BP up to the point a few months back when we hit the threshold and I set
it up to 60. Last week we hit 60, and I have now set it to 80. I'll see how
this works. The St. John's server space is our commons, shared with other
lists. Though nobody at St. John's has ever communicated to any of us, as far
as I know, as to our usage of the list, we need to keep in mind that this is
a free service that they are providing. My worry is that if they decide to
stop providing the service that we will lose access to the archive. I'm not
quite sure what to do about this. Essentially we have been operating freely
on St. John's server without communication or interference and it is my
assumption that they no longer really know that we exist.

Another reason for keeping the threshold down is that it helps some people if
they do not all get too many e-mails. DIGEST: please keep in mind that you
can get BP in digest mode, where you would get one consolidated message per
day.

][<en