From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:06:29 -0700
On 23 Aug 99, at 12:08, Lynn wrote:

> I'm toying with the idea of getting a zip drive for backing up my stuff on
> my computer, and i was wondering if there was any real big differences i
> should consider between a zip drive or a jaz drive? is one better then the
> other?
>
> Lynn Batson

  The biggest difference is capacity.  At 100 MB/disk (250 on new models),
Zip disks are often convenient for backing up a PROJECT, but not very
effective for backing up a 2/4/8/16 GB hard drive -- a device in the 1 - 4 GB
range (includes the Jaz) is much more practical for this.
  [I have Zip drives on four or five separate computers, in order to move
files between them.  I have a 4GB tape drive on the network for hard drive
backups.]

David G

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org