From:
MaryJane Wegener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 23:39:26 PDT
I need help...
I have a COMPAQ Presario 4910 off-the-shelf computer.
In the past I have used the CD-Rom drive to install software, clipart etc
and had no problems. Tonight I tried to install Netscape Communicator from
the CD-Rom. First the retractable holder didn't want to slide back in. I
pushed it in. Then the drive contents were not readable.. couldn't find the
file and then nothing on the computer worked so I control-alt-deleted twice,
rebooted and ran the scandisk. The D: drive is there as the CD-ROM drive,
the holder slides in by itself with a push-start, the pop-up menu(right
click)on the CD-ROM eject selection worked. But the contents of the CD-ROM
are inaccessible. When I try to access it it says 'D:\not ready'. I shut
down my machine twice in a controlled shut down, but the CD's are not
readable in the drive after I reboot. ( I remove the CD before shutdown and
re-insert after boot-up is done). What can I do?

     Mary Jane

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org