From:
Rick Swartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 17:25:11 +0200
On Sunday, July 04, 1999 9:42 PM Robert Bowen asked:

> 2 Questions regarding this...
>
> 1. Is there an american link to these serial numbers?  The asuscom.de is a
> foreign site.  I can't follow anything to one of the links.

Rob, I took a superficial look but I couldn't find an american site that
carries the numbers. As a matter of fact I got a 404 using the american link
on the german site. Contact me offlist if you want me to send them to you
via mail, I'll also be posting them on my website under the info section at
www.swartz-clan.com for anyone else that is interested, it may take me a few
hours to get around to it so please be patient. For the people that don't
want to search the entire ASUS site here are the exact URLs: for the P2B
(http://www.asuscom.de/de/p2b-fakes.htm) and for the P2B-F
(http://www.asuscom.de/de/p2b-f-fakes.htm) ASUS has put up two more bits of
info regarding the forgeries:

1) Original ASUS boards ALWAYS have a temperature sensor.
2) The forgeries have a second serial number glued over the original one on
the box.

> 2. Is there a way to check the serial # without opening up the PC?  We
have
> about 40 of these boards in a lab and I really don't want to open each
one.
>  Is the serial# displayed at boot?

I'm sorry to say I have no idea, I don't own an ASUS board, but maybe
another list member can help you out.

Regards,

--
Rick S.