CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:16:13 -0400

other parents how to help our Celiac Kids manage in a WHOLE WHEAT world.

Our 8 year old son was diagnosed last month and we are managing day to day
situations as they come up. Each day is a learning experience. However, as
the summer approaches and ice cream cones, hot dogs and hamburgs are the
NORMAL  intake of an 8 year old....I start to panic.

We have planned our summer vacation around FOOD:  I am afraid to venture
into a restaurant for fear my son will be upset with  a limited choice, so
we have rented a cottage and will take our food.  I realize we can't hide
from the grains forever but I rationalize by  thinking we are just learning
and will eventually get real brave and try eating out!

The positive thing is that our son is doing extremely well  on his new GF
diet.

I, too, would like to hear from others in a similar situation and learn how
they manage.