BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - "CAUTION: Learning Lurkers Hanging"
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 12:02:48 -0500
My information (from tradesmen) is similar to Twybil...to apply the
1/1 boiled linseed oil, but this was to add resin body to the
depleted outer fibers of wood which had been exposed or sun bleached,
not new or fully sound wood.  It's understandable why a manufacturer
would not want to confirm compatibility to another manufacturer's
product, or to someone's "home brew".  The proof is in performance
over time, and this story sounds supportive.

I also heard that raw linseed oil was the one that wouldn't dry, and
that the boiled product would cure if given a chance.  (What's the
oil used in oil paintings?)  Truthfully, though, I haven't been back
after 14 years to measure the results.

As Ross Perot said, "I'm all ears."  Keep talking.

--Jim