From:
Rick Sauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:50:13 -0500
Rick wrote:

> Can't you just use a Cat5 Crossover cable and connect the 2 direct?
>
> -Rick Poepping

Yes you can go from one computer to another with a Xover cable. These
two computers can  see each other, but I'am not sure the computer on the
end of the Xover will be able to see the other computers on the hub.

I have never seen this done. I have used an uplink port to do this and
have run thin ethernet to a  single computer in another building. I just
don't know for sure. I will set up a test and advise the list.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html