From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:38:37 GMT
Steven,

A couple of questions I would ask first.  Is this on a Novell or NT network?
  Are you networking the printer through a computer or on an external print
server (i.e. JetDirect, LAN Press, etc.)?  What network client are you using
(with obvious respect for your NOS)?  Or, is this a pier to pier network?
Are you using a hub, a switch, or a loop configuration?  Is it Token Ring or
Ethernet?  What is happening at the client end when you try to send a print
job (i.e. an error when the job is sent, or does it look like everything
goes through fine and you just don't have anything coming out the other
end)?  Have you verified each client has the correct drivers?

Can anyone think of anything I am missing?

Kyle

>From: Steven Perrott <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [PCBUILD] HP 712c not working as a network computer
>Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 01:04:37 -0700
>
>I have 4 computers on a simple Win98 network.  All is working with the
>network but the new printer I put on isn't working.  It is an HP 712c.
>It will work as a local computer.  I have tried to remove the two way
>communication features by going to a file in Windows / System called
>HPCFG13.exe.  All to no avail.  I called tech support and they said the
>printer can work on a network but they don't support this printer on a
>network.  Any ideas?

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html