CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 19:47:13 -0400

It's been quiet on the kids list lately, so I thought I'd try to start
some "conversation."  Two questions...How do you handle your Celiac
child eating next to a child eating gluten?  We were at my Mom's house
last weekend and all the cousins were sitting together at a small table.
I was paranoid about Kevin (2-year-old) getting into someone else crumbs
that had dropped on the table.  (He didn't care about what they were
eating.)  Then I started thinking that that's what will happen in school
also.  So do we just try not to worry about it or what?

Second question...How do you handle the playdough situation?  Do you
make your own GF playdough and take it to school/church or do you let
your child play with regular playdough?

I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Tracey Wolfskill
mom of Kevin 2yo w/Celiac and Brian 6yo w/o Celiac
Fort Worth, TX, USA