C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:37:44 -0700
Hi Bobby,

  Still doing battle with chest pain/possible pneumo. I don't know if
it's a fibromyalgia flare, or lung congestion. Can't cough efficiently.
Also, I have an exaggerated gag-choke reflex of late. Don't know where
that's coming from. Brushing back teeth is a nightmare. Taking cough
medicine - forget about it! That's been an ongoing problem since my
youth. Finally figured out how to counter it though. I put the medicine
in gel caps from the health food store. Three filled capsules equal 1
teaspoon of medicine. Funny that the adult dose of cough medicine is 2
tsps every 4 hours or so. After 1 teaspoon, I'm in la-la land. Guess
that speaks to the fact that I don't take OTC or even Rx'd stuff very
often. And that, as Martha Stewart would say, is a good thing.

Cheers!

Carla

  Do any of you find you're developing a gag-choke reflex into
adulthood, or did you ever have it as a child. Not fun.

  As to the Scotch drip, Bobby. I don't think we should promote that
practice. We have under-age folks on this list. They might get the wrong
idea about us oldsters :)

Cheers!

Carla