BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "BullaPinmankaheaders"
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 09:01:35 EST
CT,

The best putty I've been able to find is a company Midwest used, Biddle ->
got bought out by Schnee Moorehead (888-824-3363). Ask for their putty for
wood sash. It skins over in 24hrs and is paintable in 48. Of course I use
Schreuder primer etc. but its the best I,ve been able to find. They are in
the midwest and are a bit of a pain in the ass to arrange del. but maybe
thats cus i'm in manhattan. Another large factor is temp and humidity. warmer
& drier better - more warmer & drier - more better.
With all of these 1/1 linseed ideas flying around one thing caught my
eye/mind. Friable - anyhow the dictionary defines it as easily crumbled or
pulverized -
I think it was Met or Mike D who said that the 1/1 seemed to work well on
friable surface. In that one instance i think it would since the 1/1 will
tend to bind all the friable stuff into a stable mass that is also somewhat
pliable (not rigid like epoxy) that can be primed and painted and the four
layers work well together.
I think this is a unique condition and not an example that can used for spec
on "wood" for a substrate before painting.
anyhow i just had to make sure the horse was truely dead or with my magical
carftmans touch bring new life to a seemingly

whatever  jim