BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Gray, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "CAUTION: Learning Lurkers Hanging"
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:41:31 -0500
OK y'all, it's time to call in the panel of experts!!!!   I speced the paint
job on my c1903 trim in Little Rock for scrape, treat with 1/1 boiled
linseed oil/mineral spirits, alkyd prime, 2 acrylic topcoats.  Now the Benj
Moore dealer tells me that it: 1. won't dry, 2. will defeat the primer's
bond with the wood, 3. cause unbonding, 4. cause mildew problems, (think
there were acouple more horrors related but can't recall right now).    Says
with proper prep the SuperSpec line should last 12-15 years (implication is
I'm on my own if I don't follow dealer's advice).  So far the scraped wood
is not dry and gray like I had expected, does that affect the need for the
1/1 solution?  I don't have time to try a small scale demo and wait any
input will be MUCH APPRECIATED!!!    I do have time to try demo on my other
house and you can be GD sure I'm gonna DO IT!!!!

Confuzzed Cuz