BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Devonshire <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 23:37:10 EDT
Barbara-

Sorry for the late Quonset Hut reply, but I have been away. While I was
attending the Rhode Island School of Design (late 60's, continual Mardi
Gras), I had a professor by the name of John Lincoln, an industrial designer
from Porstmouth, RI, who claimed the patent for the Quonset hut design
(developed for the Quonset Naval Air Station in RI), using a corrugated sheet
metal exterior. He has since gone to the big studio in the sky, but I am sure
the RISD library will have information. Give them a try.

Twybil