BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Candice Brashears <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:38:33 EDT
Its Hot in CT, too.  On Tuesday some idiot at the elementary school did not
cancel or postpone a yearend choral sing by the students.  98 degrees in the
school (we don't have a/c our schools around here)...the kids line up in the
windowless gym to the stepped platform to do their thing and the audiences
files into their seats. No fans.
55 kids and a teacher dropped with 21 going to the ER. Released shortly
thereafter.
Geez.....where was their science and health training? The town school
superintentent was issuing warnings to all schools to turn off lights and do
whatever it took to use less electricity (also warnings issued by the utility
company) have drinking water around and do whatever the teachers had to do to
keep things palatible for the students.

Sittin' in the Frig