Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:23:34 +0200
From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Hello Ian,

Wednesday, February 16, 2000, 2:41:44 AM, you wrote:

IC> Greetings All:

IC> Dell P266 running win98 and a 6.5GB HD. Windows shows only the C:
IC> drive with less than the above-stated capacity. Fdisk tells me
IC> that there are 2 partitions with logical drives assigned to
IC> extended partition. However, when I try to view/delete these
IC> drives, fdisk then reports no logical drives defined.

The 2 top reasons would be corrupt logical drive records or a
filesystem that FDISK does not know about.

If you have PartitionMagic, try using it on that PC. Otherwise,
download the Ranish Partition Manager (or any other program that can
read different OS partition records, unlike FDISK that reads only
FATxx records...)

When you run RPM you will either be able to identify those logical
drives or to remove the partition record from the table and have some
free space that can be tackled with FDISK.

I do not have an URL for RPM, but either do a search for it or mail me
and I'll send it. It is smaller than 100k, and mighty useful for that
tiny size, IMHO.

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
| FAX (413)431-4014               ICQ 2386792
|
| Freelance website and graphics designer
| Visit my site : http://maxwd.hypermart.net
|
| Editor - Graphics artist
| NOSPIN group