BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - \"Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks.\" -- Mary D" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Lawrence Kestenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 17:06:22 -0400
On Sat, 27 May 2000, Met History wrote:

> (In a girlish hand, on purple construction paper    :)
>
> Dear Mr. Xxxxx:
>
> I understand you would like to settle the matter regarding the work of the
> Office for Metropolitan History on the Xxxxx Hotel.

I have a friend who was a poor man until he accidentally found a woman to
handle his accounts receivable.  Instead of his vaguely humorous pleading
notes at irregular intervals, she did regular, businesslike bills to the
hundreds of clients who owed him money.

In less than a year, he became wealthy, bought a house for cash, renovated
it, and filled it with extremely expensive furniture she selected.

Soon after, the woman in question left him for a Californian she met
online.  My friend still has the wealth, the house, the expensive
furniture, and shared custody of a large dog.

No word on whether the online Californian has also become wealthy.

---
Lawrence Kestenbaum, [log in to unmask]