BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - \"BullaPinmankaheaders\"" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Mark Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:20:30 -0500
The cost here will be in the preparation of the models.  If these are to be
cast  then the likely proper method is using sand casting.  The beveled
edges visible in your photo confirm that this was the original procedure
used.
I have used two different foundries for this kind of work, American Bronze
and Aluminum (Bela 718-392-2340) is great if you can have the models make
up, possibly by taking casts of the existing originals.  If you need to make
entirely new casts try Erie Landmark ( Barbara Bamberger 1-800-874-7848).
They make plaques using a photographic method to tranfer text into casting
models.  They could probably take your font and cast the letters just from
the text however they are used to doing this on a single plaque.  Discuss
method and finish with both of them as you will need polishing, patination,
coating as well.

Mark