BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - \"CAUTION: Learning Lurkers Hanging\"" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Mark Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:37:38 -0500
A froe is a tool for splitting shingles and rough clapboards from logs.  It
consists of an iron attached to a handle, looking sort of like an axe but
with the blade  stretched out to about a foot and turned 90 degrees to face
straight up.  The user holds the sharp end down against the end grain of a
log and strikes the back of the blade to drive it into the wood.  A split
opens from the wedge shape of the blade.  By pulling to the side with the
handle the user opens the split and runs it down the length of the log.

There!   Now I have at least 50 thousand neurons which are freed up from the
responsibility of holding this knowledge and are available to fill with some
other marginally useful fact. Any suggestions?