From:
"Dr. Mom" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 22:23:44 -0400
Since you were polite about it:
::
::I like the way your refer to your boys" challenges. I do
::have one question: with Curran, you list "baclofen pump
::survivor".

        Curran is spastic.  Baclofen is a muscle relaxant which works best when
put directly in the spinal cord.  He had a pump which was supposed to do
that 24/7.  I think he had some infected stitch material.  Everything had
to be removed.  The cp parent list I belong to uses that sig. block the
most.

=::Does the Paleo system seem to help with the boys' problems??

        Yes!  Although I add supplements too.  Half of us are type O, two of them
are type A.  They all have different allergies so we are on a 4 day
rotation.  Dr. Mom is a major foe of softdrinks, milk and fruit juices for
kids.  I hate the way they are turning our kids into chemical dumps.  And
our family history is a sordid one of grain related problems.  I belonged
to this list in '97.  Thought I would check in.  Already saw two names I
recognise.  Our typical dinner is one meat and one vegetable.  We have an
ordinary "dessert".  Not real strict, but I buy a lot more organic things
than I did before.  Partly because of greater availabilty, lower prices,
but also because i found out that ORGANIC TASTES BETTER!
        I do counseling as Dr. Mom for parents who refuse to put their kids on
Ritalin.  One of these days, some grateful parent will pay me, but so far,
nobody can afford it!  :-)

Mother of the Alphabet Soup Bailey Boys

Bryn       Oct.  17, 1984 - ADHD, gifted, defiant, LD and allergic
Aubrey   April 12, 1986 -  gifted, and allergic
Devin     April 10, 1988 -       ADHD, talented, LD and allergic
Curran   Jan.  30, 1990-   LD, cerebral palsy, baclofen pump survivor
Erin       May  6, 1993-         ADHD, impulsive, gifted, and allergic

Dr. Mom has Advice Unlimited.
http://drmom.cc