Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 22:59:41 -0400
The Browns wrote:

> So far, I've seen a lot of discussion about whether a
> certain food is legal to eat paleo-wise but not a lot of what you all
> actually DO eat. I'd love to see more of that.
Actual day to day diet varies according to batches of convenience
food I buy. For example, if I buy Lox (I usually buy 10-20 packages
at a time) I will eat lots of that for the next few days. If I buy
eggs, the same. But averaging over a period of time it looks like
this:
Meat (beef mostly, but also pork in sausages), chicken/duck, fish,
eggs, nuts (mostly almonds lately), some salad veggies - green
leafy things, cucumbers, olives, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus,
artichokes, radishes. This is mostly it unless I have time/desire
to put more effort into it. Specific items in the above categories
would include:
Meat/poultry - burgers, steaks, breakfast sausages (the only processed meat
I'll eat), roast beef, roast duck, roast chicken, duck rillettes,
and whatever prepared meat dishes cafeteria at work would have that
day.
Fish - sushi, marinated salmon (Lox), sardines (crown prince of norway
brand).
Eggs - organic free range variety (country hen brand).
Nuts - usually from Trader Joes - cheaper. Mostly almonds or pistachios.

For drinking I stick with carbonated water (mostly).

I tend to eat the same thing for a while, then switch over to something
else. Right now time is very tight, so food choices suffer.

Ilya