CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:28:08 -0400
>I don't see how you can say that.  Every act of corruption in government is
an act performed by a person, not a system.  It is a chosen act, and the act
corrupts the system.

Can corruption of the person occur with a system that has no position of power?

>That act of corrupt is an act by a person to corrupt the government for
some purpose. That's not a system failure, however.

Unless the system is designed for corruption, so when does occur, it is not
a failure.

>The sage is wrong.  I'm right.  A corrupt act is a chosen act.  If I
choose to use power immorally or illegally or unethically, it's my
choice and I am guilty.  You're saying that the person who has power
is an automaton.

It is so prevailent in our history that one would think it is an automaton.
Of course it isn’t, but it comes very close.

>I agree that the US government needs a major overhaul, but it isn't
corrupt.  It does what it is designed to do.  It's just that what it is
designed to do isn't what we want it to do.

You know what I would do to it, but how would you design it so it does “what
we want it to do”.

Right now, it does what the elites want it to do, so I assume “we” means
everyone within the US and not just a handful of people.

Milutin

--
Weapons not food, not homes, not shoes
Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal