RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 01:48:51 +0100
Hi Tom,

> Alan:
> >An answer that most people funded by the milk industry give, i.e.
> >an answer which provides no contradictory evidence at all. Where
> >is it and who funded it? Is it not factual that most people stop
> >or severely cut back the production of the enzymes rennin and
> >lactase after they wean themselves off of (human) milk? What you
> >have said (that Carl said) does not explain the high levels of
> >osteoporosis in the USA at all. If milk is such a good source of
> >calcium as Carl claims..and you guys drink more of the stuff than
> >anybody else....
>
> Tom:
> Your correlation that the US has a high level of milk drinking,
> with high levels of ostoporosis, does not prove a causal link.

This is exactly what the milk industry says. You don't happen to be
funded by them by any chance?

> Alan:
> >PS The vast majority of professors get to be professors by toeing the
> >line laid down by other professors. IOW, don't let the title scare
> >you or even blind you.
>
> Tom:
> And you should not let fundamentalist natural hygiene blind you. There
> is very little in NH that is "scientific."

All the authors I have read quote numerous research reports. And the
fact that people who practise it generally enjoy otherwise unknown
health and wellbeing is a "scientific finding" in itself don't you
think?

Alan