RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:48:32 -0500
Alan,

> MD's can take a course lasting little more than
> a month on homeopathic medicine and then call themselves doctors of
> medicine and homeopathy (and the sickness insurance will pay for any
> treatment) but a homeopath alone (without an official doctor of
> medicine title) can practice, on the one hand, but the medical
> insurance will not pay a cent (and he or she is not allowed to
> call themselves a physician).

I'm confused. Why should a homeopathic practittioner be allowed to call
themselves a physician, in your opinion? As far as I can see, they are not,
so they shouldn't call themselves by this title. Am I missing somehting
here?

> Natural hygienists can open up a
> practice but are not allowed to "treat" anyone with an illness
> (in other words they can only recommend how to live healthily),
> much less call themselves physicians..

ARE they, in fact, physicians? (meaning, have they gone through medical
school?). I guess my understanding is that the term "physician" simply
indicates whether or not they have gone through medical school. So, there
are physicians who are also natural hygienists. However, a natural
hygienist, unless they have been thru med school, should not, in my opinion
anyway, set up a practice as a physician. Am I still missing something?

Love, Liza

--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)